SPT News: The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) have made it mandatory for all international travelers arriving in India to fill up a self-declaration form on the aviation facility website. This has been done because of the growing number of cases of covid.
Launched in 2020, the Air Facility Portal, facilitated by Delhi Airport, helps passengers provide their travel details and RTPCR, vaccination status and more. According to the Government of India, “Implementation of Air Services is aimed at providing hassle-free, queue-free and convenient air travel to all international passengers arriving in India.
All international passengers arriving in India are instructed to declare their current state of health before boarding the Air Facility portal with the required documents, namely, a copy of the passport, a PCR negative certificate from an examination conducted within 72 hours of departure, and a vaccination certificate.
All travelers should
- A) Complete and practical information in self-declaration form should be submitted on the online air facility portal (https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration) before the scheduled trip with details of last 14 days travel.
- Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report (should have been checked within 72 hours of starting the journey) or COVID-19 Certificate Vaccine to complete the full initial immunization schedule.
- Each passenger must also submit a declaration of the veracity of the report and otherwise be liable for criminal prosecution if found.
They should make a commitment on their portal or otherwise to the Ministry of Civil Aviation of the Government of India that they will abide by the decision of the appropriate government authority after any arrival before they are allowed to embark. Home / Institutional Quarantine / Self Health Monitoring, as per warranty.
iii. Relevant airlines / agencies are required to provide the do’s and don’ts with the passenger’s ticket.
iv Airlines will only allow boarding of passengers who have completed all the information in the self-declaration form on the Air Facility portal and upload the negative RT-PCR test report or Covid-19 immunization certificate to complete the initial immunization schedule.
- When boarding a flight, only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board after a thermal screening.
vi All passengers during their mobile travel time
vii Flight announcements about COVID-19 with precautionary measures will be made at the airport and during the flight and during transit.
viii During the flight the crew must ensure that the proper behavior of the cove is always followed.
ix If a passenger reports symptoms of Covid-19 during flight, he will be disconnected
- Airlines should announce appropriate in-flight requirements for testing and people who need to undergo such tests to avoid any traffic congestion at arrival airports.
Eleventh. De-boarding should be done by ensuring physical distance.
xii All passengers will be subjected to thermal screening by the health officials present at the airport. Self-declaration forms filled out online will be shown to airport health workers.
xiii Symptomatic passengers will be discharged immediately during the screening and taken to the medical facility as per health protocol. If tested positive, their identities will be identified and administered according to prescribed protocols.
.xiv. The following protocol post arrival will also be followed
A sub-section (2% of the total passengers of the flight) will go through random posterior examination at the airport upon arrival.
- Such passengers will be identified on each flight by the respective airlines (from different countries). They will submit samples and will be allowed to leave the airport.
- If such travelers are tested positive, their samples should be sent for further genomic testing in the INSACOG laboratory network.
d They will be treated / isolated according to the prescribed standard protocol.
xv All travelers will self-monitor their health for 14 days after arrival.
xvi If travelers under self-health monitoring develop signs and symptoms of COVID19, they will immediately self-report to their nearest health facility or call the National
Helpline Number (1075) / State Helpline Number.